Mythos & Ink is seeking a freelance publicist to assist in the release of the upcoming fantasy novel, Voice of the Banished. In this stunning sequel to Under the Lesser Moon, author Shelly Campbell brings us the heart-wrenching conclusion to Akrist’s journey. In a cruel, unforgiving world, Akrist must navigate what it means to be marked as both a Speaker—a leader chosen by Nasheira herself—and an outcast. Haunted by the sacrifices of first-born sons, he fears the world cannot be changed, even with a dragon’s help. But if he does nothing, the cycle of sacrifice will begin again when the moons touch.
This contract will be for the publicity leading up to the book’s release on March 31, 2022. This is a remote position (pajamas encouraged). We will be accepting submissions until end of day November 30, 2021.
About Mythos & Ink
Mythos & Ink is an independent press with a passion for great stories and the community built around them. In addition to publishing science fiction, fantasy, and geeky nonfiction, we make spaces for writers to learn, grow, and become great authors through informative blog posts, writing resources, and a Discord community.
We work closely with our authors throughout the editing, publishing, publicity, and marketing processes to ensure everyone involved is passionate about the books we make.
As an independent publisher, we differ from traditional publishers in that we don’t give authors advances, we offer higher royalty rates than most large publishers, we work closely with our writers, and we only publish a few select books per year. We are not a vanity or subsidy press (i.e. we don’t charge authors a fee to publish their books).
Scope of Work
Develop a publicity campaign for Voice of the Banished, including the following:
- Find and contact relevant authors to see if they would be interested in providing a review quote
- Find and contact relevant book reviewers and bloggers to see if they would be interested in reviewing Voice of the Banished
- Arrange for delivery of free copies for interested reviewers, bloggers, authors, and media professionals
- Manage a spreadsheet to track contacts
- Send press releases and book information to relevant media and arrange author interviews or speaking events
- Experience in book publishing and publicity (experience in fantasy and sci-fi a plus)
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time-management skills
- Experience creating media campaigns
- Established network of media contacts
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with our publishing team
Please send a letter of intent (a brief cover letter stating relevant experience and proposed approach), your resume, and your rates (hourly with estimated time you would spend on this project or a flat rate estimate) to email@example.com.