This week is a special episode in celebration of Mythos & Ink’s upcoming graphic novels! The hosts are chatting about aliens with Lyndon Radchenka and Steven Kaul, creators of the graphic novel Infinite Universe. How do you create alien races with lived experiences so it feels like the story’s universe is inhabited by other lifeforms? How do you create that necessary feeling of unfamiliarity? What makes a believable alien?
- Emma’s example: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Steven’s example: Paul
- Kyle’s example: Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Lyndon’s example: Superman
- View the event schedule for “So You Want to Make a Graphic Novel: 5 Comic Creators Discuss Launching Their Books“
- Support the podcast: www.patreon.com/mythosandink
Produced by Mythos & Ink.
Announcement Music: Coffee Beats by Aaron Parsons (Used with permission)